The 47th annual auction, “Adventure Awaits!”, will be held on campus Saturday, November 10, 2018. Last year our supporters gave generously and together we raised more than $360,000 in net proceeds.
U of D Jesuit is committed to providing the highest quality of Jesuit college preparatory education to young men in southeast Michigan. In collaboration with parents, we challenge students to go beyond academic excellence, to be reflective, to be committed to the service of personal faith and the promotion of justice - to be men for others. At this year’s auction we hope to celebrate the adventure U of D Jesuit has provided our current students and alumni.
One hundred percent of the revenue generated from the auction goes toward providing tuition assistance to young men attending U of D Jesuit. None of the revenue generated covers salaries, building expenses or improvements nor are these young men receiving aid because they are athletes, great musicians or excel academically. Students receiving financial aid must demonstrate the need for support and every young man’s application is reviewed individually. No matter what financial award is given, each family is required to pay a portion of their tuition.
For the 2018-2019 school year, 34 percent of our young men will be attending U of D Jesuit because we are able to provide them with financial aid. This amounts to more than $2.3 million, giving students an opportunity their families couldn’t otherwise afford. With your support and the support of others we look forward to the adventure these young men will experience as they grow and give back to our communities. Your partnership is crucial to our success, thank you in advance for your support.
Click button above to print and mail your request for Auction tickets!
This year's Honorary Chairs for the Scholarship Auction are Lorri and Dr. James Delaney III ’80. U of D Jesuit thanks the Delaneys for their many years of volunteering and attending auctions at The High. Additionally, we appreciate their generosity in opening their home for auction gift-gathering parties and ticketed "Casino Nights" over the years. Lorri and James' Cubs are Jamie ’06, Ryan ’12, Adam ’16, Kyle ’16, and Shane '19.
The Delaney’s ask you join them in making an impact on our 2018 Auction Sponsorship Success. Did you or your son graduate with a Delaney? Memories of their gift gathering parties? Time spent in their basement? Sharing bagels around their breakfast table? Been shuttled to a dance or party in “the Delaney Van?” Shared mom moments, dad moments, or Dean of Student moments? If you answered yes to any or all of these experiences, we hope you will consider a donation to the “Delaney” special chair sponsor fund. This fund celebrates the many adventures at U of D Jesuit by raising important scholarship funds, helping more people join our community, and experience the blessings of being a student, parent or supporter of their life-changing education. The Delaney’s have set a goal of $10,000, and need your help in making this year’s 2018 Scholarship Auction one of the best.
AUCTION FAST FACTS
The goal of this event is to raise unrestricted funds for student tuition assistance
|Last 3-year Average||2018 Projected|
|Attendance: 650 (Sold out)|
Advertisers & Partners: 88
Net Revenue: $408,238
$100 Raffle: $35,000 (sold out)
Advertisers & Partners: 95
Net Revenue: $500,000
$100 Raffle: $35,000 (sold out)
- Mayor Mike Duggan’s Luxury suite for 18 at the Little Caesars Arena
- VIP Hamilton Broadway Experience
- Seven-Night Luxury Vacation with Exclusive Resorts
- Two Badges to any one Day of the 2018-2019 Masters Golf Tournament
- Detroit Lions Suite Package for 12
2017 Corporate Sponsors
Luxe Event Linen
SlipNOT Metal Safety Flooring
Advanced Marketing Partners, Inc
McCarthy & Smith
Chuck Batcheller Company
Ascension Crittenton Hospital
Raymon M. & Jane E. Cracchiolo Foundation
Dolenga & Dolenga, PLLC
Wolverine Packing Co.
SCHOOL FAST FACTS
More than 140-years of commitment to Detroit
- One of the oldest high schools in Detroit and Michigan
- Founded in 1877 on Jefferson Avenue (next to today’s Renaissance Center)
- Moved in 1931 to its current campus on West Seven Mile Road
- Decided in 1976 to stay in Detroit when, at that time, other Detroit Catholic high schools and other institutions were either closing or moving to the suburbs
- Expansion during 1998 -2001 included ten classrooms, auxiliary gym, fine arts rooms, and support offices
- Profiled in Time magazine article “Last One Standing” on the school's commitment to Detroit
An economic, geographic, racial, and religious diverse student body
- 900 young men in grades 7-12 representing more than 70 communities in seven counties
- 20% of the students reside in the City of Detroit
- 34% of the students receive $2.3 million in tuition assistance
- 28% of students are non-Catholic
470-year Jesuit education philosophy emphasizing Academic Excellence, Faith Formation, and Community Service
- One of the highest average ACT scores in the State
- 100% of graduating seniors accepted at colleges and universities.
- 2012 National Academic Champions. Eight consecutive years competing in National Championship
- Student-built electric-battery vehicle and prototype gasoline vehicles are #1 in the State performing better than U of Michigan, U of D Mercy, LTU, and other high schools.
- Competed in the 2015 and 2016 Robotics World Championships
- Dedicated weekly community service program for all senior-year students as part of curriculum
- “Men for Others” demonstrated through community service projects and volunteer activities, including elementary schools, hospices, senior-citizens homes, and food banks
$16 million investment in a new STEM-education facility
- Largest dollar STEM investment of any high school in Detroit and Michigan, in recent years
- 100% privately-funded by alumni, parents and friends
- 40,000 sq. ft. facility addition focused on full STEM programs
- Doubles state-of-the-art education space for biology, chemistry, and physics
- Dedicated classroom and laboratory for 7th and 8th grade students
- New Eco-car, Robotics, and Engineering labs
- Opened in 2016 school year
- 14 Varsity High School sports offered
- 8 Academy sports offered
- 30 High School teams in total offering countless opportunities to students
- 13 Academy teams in total offered.
- High School teams are members of the Detroit Catholic League and MHSAA
- Academy teams are members of the CYO
There are many volunteer opportunities available for our annual auction. From Acquisitions to Decorations, Set-up to Clean-up and everything in between – we have a job for you! If you have volunteered in the past or want to volunteer but not sure where, please contact us!
An event of this size takes more than 200 volunteers – your time and talents are greatly appreciated!
Auction donations can be dropped-off to the receptionist at the Visitors Entrance (Door #1) on schools days from 7:30 AM until 3:30 PM. The auction department will be available at various school functions such as Mini Class Nights and Mothers' Club Meetings. To make special arrangements contact the auction office at email@example.com or 313-927-2332.
What Can I Donate To Make The Auction a Success?
We hope you will consider supporting our efforts by donating an item for our Auction. Donations received by October 13th, 2018 will be acknowledged in our Program Book, which will be distributed to more than 625 Auction attendees and parents as well as available for others to see online. Below is a donor form which you can complete and submit with your donation. All support will be acknowledged with a letter which includes information regarding your potential charitable deduction.
Each year, University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy invites corporations and interested parties to become corporate partners for the annual auction.
Corporate partners receive significant name recognition since their logos appear prominently on invitations, flyers, programs, advertising banners, the auction web site, external ad campaigns and in any publicity campaigns.
U of D Jesuit welcomes companies, large and small, to help us reach our audience through various auction programs. By underwriting a portion of this event, corporate partners enjoy opportunities such as:
- Enhancing your company profile through a close association with the U of D Jesuit and our constituent base.
- Networking opportunities with other corporate executives, influential patrons and board members
- Prominent name recognition in media and corporate community
Corporate partners are encouraged to provide unrestricted funds to be used to directly support the auction and corresponding events.
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa.Harrison@UofDJesuit.org
U of D Jesuit is excited to partner with OneCause (formerly BidPal) for the 2018 Scholarship Auction! Mobile bidding is a paperless bidding method that allows you to bid straight from your smart phone. Some features include:
- Set automatic bid increases
- Online preview of auction packages
- Alerts sent to you mobile device if you are about to be outbid
- Easily see which items have no bids
- Faster checkout at the end of the night
Please be assured that there will be plenty of students, trained volunteers and OneCause staff on-site to assist you.
Auction Gift Gathering Parties are a great tradition here at U of D Jesuit! They are social events hosted by generous and gracious parents. Thank you to the Cub families who hosted this year's Gift Gathering Parties.
Could not attend the Party?
Auction Gifts can be delivered to the Reception Desk at the Visitor Entrance any school day from 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. To make special arrangements for pick-up, please contact the Auction office at 313-927-2332.
Thank you to all who attended the Ladies Night Gift Gathering Party
Thank you to all the Cub moms who attended a wonderful evening on Wednesday, October 10, 2018, at the home of Angelina Tate.
Thank you Host Families:
- Angelina Tate: Alexander ’23
- Jean Charboneau: Michael ‘11, Charlie ‘14 and Ben ’19
- Debra Conroy: Charley ’19 and Jack ’20
- Jodi Fadool: Aidan ’19
- Patti Padilla: Tyler ’19 and Luke '22
Thank you to Hosts of the Adventure Awaits! Gift Gathering Party
Thank you to the sixteen CUB families who hosted our first "Adventure Awaits!" gift gathering party on September 7th at the home of Sean and Barb Stokes. Approximately 300 Cub families enjoyed a beautiful evening with Mexican fare served by Detroit’s own MI Pueblo and cocktails served by Sidecar Pony Bar, along with music and dancing.
Thank you to the following Cub Host Families for a successful gift gathering party on September 7, 2018:
- Sean and Barb Stokes: Charlie '21, Will '27 and Eddie '33
- Mark and Laurie Bolach: Spencer '20 and Tyler '24
- Brian and April Boyle: Carter '17, Gram Henry '19, Rowen '24
- Andy and Megan Curoe: Sam '21, Harry and Charlie '24
- Kevin and Monica Donley: Duncan '21, Dylan '24 and Brandon '26
- Pat and April Drouillard: Cooper '20
- Jeff and Missy Ewald: Ben and Chris '21
- Mark and Jen Kueber: Jacob '15 and Samuel '19
- Pat and Sarah Kruse: Ryan '22
- Dave and Sheryl Laidlaw: Jack '22 and Connor '24
- Mike and Dr. Debbie Mikula: Edward '19 and Walter '22
- Don and Melinda Pippel: Max '19
- Tim and Kim Ruokolainen: Frank '21 and Charlie '24
- Greg and Kolleen Schocke: Patrick '20
- Chris and Kelly Vogelheim: Jake '21
- Dr. Rick and Dr. Beatta Weiermiller: Alek '16, Harry '17 and Owen '22
Questions about donations?
If you have any questions or suggestions, or would like to become involved with the auction, please contact a member of the Auction Team at 313-927-2332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Auction
General Auction information
Enjoy the 2017 Auction Video "Lights, Camera, Auction!" as well as the photo gallery of auction night. We look forward to seeing you at this year's auction on November 10, 2018.