DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS – April 20, 2018
Senior Off Campus
The Senior Off Campus Lunch list for April 10 through May 3, 2018 Has been posted outside the SAO.
One last reminder that your Diversity Union hosts the first-ever Diversity Convention this Saturday, April 21 from 8:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. in the Commons. Students from six other high schools will join us in conversation about diversity issues at our schools. Admission is free and t-shirts will be sold for $10. Lunch will be served.
Attention Seniors: Your request for graduation tickets was due last Friday, April 13th.You must get them to Mrs. Maurice ASAP. There are forms in the Principals office if you need one.
Edible Book Festival
Next week Tuesday, the library will be hosting the third annual Cub Edible Book Festival.
An Edible Book Festival is essentially a competition of art made from food based on a literary theme.
The rules are pretty simple.
1. Any one from the school is welcome to submit an entry.
2. Each entry must have a picture of the book cover of the title that has inspired the work. Amazon is a great resource for this.
3. All entries must be in the library by homeroom on Tuesday April 24th. Entries can be turned in as soon as Monday April 23th.
4. All entries must be retrieved from the library by the end of the school day on April 24.
5. There are three judges who will award prizes based on their own criteria – which may include creativity, artistic interpretation, most literary or just the whim of the judge. Books puns are often a staple of Edible Book Festivals. Puns are welcome but not required.
6. There will also be a “People’s Choice award” where students, faculty and staff can view all edible books and vote on their favorite.
7. Judging and voting will take place during all three lunch hours.
8. Prizes will be gift cards.
Please be creative and try your hand at making an edible book. The bulletin board outside of the library shows examples from past Edible Book Festivals.
The next Focus:HOPE delivery is this Saturday, April 21. Please meet us in the Atrium by 8:30 am.All are invited to help. A sign-up sheet is available in the Faith & Service Office.