After School Program
The After School Program is designed to provide supervision for students in grades 7-10 who are waiting for their rides after school. The program closes at 5:30 p.m.
Students report to Curley Hall Lobby at 3:30 p.m. where they are in a supervised area and are able to begin their assignments, play board games, ping pong, along with other activities. It is a chance for the students to interact with one another and just unwind after a hard day of class.
Questions regarding the After School Program?
Contact Sharon Morey, After School Program Supervisor at 313-927-2307
After School Program Guidelines
For full program policies, see the U of D Jesuit Student/Parent Handbook
- Student in grades 7-10 must check in by 3:30 p.m.
- The fee for the ASP program from 3:30 to 5:30 is $6 per day.
- ASP closes at 5:30 p.m.
- Pick-ups after 5:30 will be charged additional $10 for every 10 minutes, or part of ten minutes, until 6:00.
- This applies even if you are NOT being charged for being in the ASP program.
- If students in grades 7-10 involved in after school activities or athletics finish after 3:30, they must report to ASP even if they are NOT being charged for the program.
- All students MUST be picked up by 6:00 p.m.
The $6 fee is NOT charged if:
- Student is on a sport team and they have practice or competition that day. Student must be on roster for the team. He is still required to report to ASP if he is still on campus waiting for practice to start or after practice waiting for a ride.
- Student is in a club or cocurricular activity that has a meeting or activity that day. The student must provide the name of the activity and the name of the moderator in charge of the activity for that day. He is still required to report to ASP if he is still on campus after his meeting waiting for a ride.
- Student is a part of the MAGIS Program or other after school tutoring programs that day. He is still required to report to ASP if he is waiting for a ride after the session.
The $6 fee IS charged if:
- Student is waiting for ride
- Student stayed after school for JUG and waiting for ride after JUG
- Student stayed to work-out in weight room – even if for off-season sport – and waiting for a ride after
- Student is waiting for carpool ride, even if
- Carpool driver is in sport, club, or co-curricular activity
- Carpool stays after for JUG
- Carpool is a sibling
Cost $6 a day: billed every two weeks and due upon receipt.
ALL PAYMENTS SHOULD MADE PAYABLE TO “U OF D JESUIT” AND BE MAILED OR DELIVERED DIRECTLY TO THE BUSINESS OFFICE.