- Week of 9/19/22 - 7 (4 HS, 1 Academy, 2 Faculty/Staff)
- Week of 9/12/22 - 11 (8 HS, 1 Academy, 2 Faculty/Staff)
- Week of 9/5/22 - 12 (6 HS, 2 Academy, 4 Faculty/Staff)
- Week of 8/29/22 - 23 (19 HS, 4 Academy)
- Week of 8/22/22 - 4 (3 HS, 1 Faculty/Staff)
- Week of 8/16/22 - 1 ( 1 Academy)
Detroit Health Department Guidelines
The management of Covid-19 is different from other viral illnesses. There is a specific number of days an individual diagnosed with Covid needs to isolate. Contact tracing is still required. Detroit Health Dept. guidelines for the school setting are:
Those diagnosed with Covid-19, regardless of vaccination status, must isolate and not attend school day 0-5. (Day 0 = Day of positive test or the first day of symptoms, whichever comes last.)
If symptoms have improved and one is without a fever for 24 hrs, one may return to normal activities while wearing a well-fitting mask indoors for days 6-10.
Those deemed a close contact and who are fully vaccinated (or had Covid within the last 90 days) should monitor for symptoms and wear a mask indoors for 10 days post exposure.
Those deemed a close contact due to a school related situation (vs. a household exposure) and are not fully vaccinated:
Need to monitor for symptoms
Wear a mask when around others for 10 days post exposure