Grades are posted on three dates each semester. The progress reports or report cards are posted online through myUofDJesuit (mUDJ). Assignment grades are available for viewing on the dates listed in mUDJ. Each grade posting is also a check for eligibility in Student Activities. It is important for students to remain eligible to participate in Student Activities. The policy is described in the Academic Probation and Eligibility section of the Student/Parent Handbook. It applies to athletics and all other Student Activities. Semester grades are cumulative grades for the work, tests, and semester exams. These are the only grades posted on a student's transcript. Progress reports/report cards are posted after 2:30 p.m. on their posting date. Faculty may choose to show assignment detail earlier, but are not obligated to have them available before the posting dates listed in mUDJ for each academic year.
Students' grades adhere to the following letter system:
|A||Excellent 90%-100% 4 points; for AP and honors courses 4.5 points|
|B||Very Good 80%-89% 3 quality points; for AP and honors courses 3.5 points|
|C||Satisfactory 70%-79%; 2 quality points; for AP courses 2.5 points|
|D||Poor 60%-69% 1 point; all course types|
HONORS AND RECOGNITION
- In September, assemblies recognizing accomplishments for the previous school year including Semester II honors and Scholar Athletes for all sports seasons.
- In February recognizing honors earned of Semester I.
- In May for the senior class recognizing honors for Semester II and cumulative high school performance.
- Summa Cum Laude is equal to 3.75 or greater
- Magna Cum Laude ranges from 3.5 to 3.7499
- Cum Laude from 3.2 to 3.499.