Visual & Performing Arts
A 0.5 credit in Visual Arts, Performing Arts, or other art is required for graduation.
Visual Arts Chair - Michelle Mooney
Michele.Mooney@uofdjesuit.org, Ext. 2613
Visual Arts courses are hands-on. The majority are scheduled as one-semester (0.5 credit) courses.
Performing Arts Chair - Ms. Michelle Linkous
Michelle.Linkous@uofdjesuit.org, Ext. 2619
Courses in Performing Arts are scheduled for two-semesters earning 0.5 credits in each semester.
- Concert Band (1 credit)
- Symphonic Band (1 credit)
- String Orchestra (1 credit)
- Jazz Band (1 credit)
- Cub Choir (1 credit)
- Varsity Singers Choir (grades 8-12 auditioned, 1 credit)
- 20th Century American Music (0.5 credits)
- Audio Production (1 credit) NEW
- Honors Music Theory (1 credit)
- Jazz Improvisation (1 credit) NEW
- Ukulele (0.5 credits) NEW
Visual and Performing Arts students, who are unable to fulfill the freshman PE/Health course, are required to complete the online Arrupe Virtual Learning Institute (AVLI) Health course called "Growing Up Healthy," a 0.5 credit course available in the fall, spring, or summer.