High School Placement Test (HSPT)
U of D Jesuit is a test site for the Archdiocese of Detroit's High School Placement Test (HSPT). Parents are encouraged to register their sons online for the test. To register after the deadline, please call the Admissions Office.
Students are permitted to take the High School Placement Test one time.
Registration Instructions for Testing at U of D Jesuit
- REGISTER online for the HSPT.
- Click the test date below for testing at U of D Jesuit.
- Pay the registration fee online with a credit/debit card. Contact the Admissions Office if you require alternate payment options.
- DESIGNATE U of D Jesuit to receive your son's test results.
- RECEIVE an immediate confirmation email and registration number. Print and keep your email confirmation somewhere safe; you will need it to make any updates or changes to your registration.
- TAKE the HSPT. Students should bring a copy of their registration number with them to U of D Jesuit on the day of the test.
On Test Day
- Arrive between 7:15 - 7:45 a.m. with a copy of your online registration
- Enter the building through the Atrium entrance (Door #4) on the east end of the building as you enter campus off 7-Mile Rd.
- Exam begins promptly at 8 a.m. (late arrivals cannot be accommodated)
- Bring two #2 pencils
- Dress comfortably
- Bottled water and snacks are allowed
PREPARE YOUR SON FOR THE HSPT
HSPT PREP CLASS
The purpose of the prep class is to familiarize 8th graders with the HSPT, which is used in consideration for acceptance at U of D Jesuit. The cost is $40 dollars per class. The first session of the HSPT prep class is limited to 60 students. All 8th grade students taking the HSPT are welcome to sign up.
PREP CLASS DATES:
Saturday October 16, 9 - 11: 30 a.m.
Saturday October 30, 9 - 11:30 a.m.
REGISTER FOR HSPT EXAM AT U OF D JESUIT
REGISTRATION CLOSE DATES: November 20 test close date is November 18. CLOSE DATE for the December 4 test is December 2.
Saturday, January 8: 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (Registration Period not open yet)
Saturday, February 5: 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (Registration Period not open yet)