Freshmen and Transfer Sophomores or Juniors for the 2016-2017 school year are required to take a four-hour session to get their device working with U of D Jesuit tools and learn foundational skills. It’s called a “boot” camp, like booting a computer, because it’s designed to give students a strong start using their device as an academic tool in the classroom.
The sessions will include content on:
- Connecting to school WiFi and email.
- Staying focused in class and protecting devices.
- Using and collaborating with Google Apps.
- Organizing with an online calendar and task list.
- Using Moodle for classes.
- Maintaining a healthy digital footprint.
- Protecting identity.
To give students and their families flexibility, the sessions will be offered on six dates in July and August; students only need to attend a single session.