Alumni Mothers' Club
Welcome to the U of D Jesuit Alumni Mothers' Club page! Our Alumni Mothers’ Club (AMC) mission is to be a service and social organization. We sponsor activities to bring UDJ Alumni Mothers together to maintain our strong community as we continue building camaraderie, fellowship, friendships, and connections. Of course, we always strive to enhance the Alumni support for and connection to our school.
Our reunion Mass and Brunch was a wonderful event held on a sunny Sunday in September. Great friends, great food, an inspiring Mass with Fr. Munz and a lovely tribute to Alice Barringer in thanks for all she has meant to so many of us. Jim Adams was kind enough produce a video tribute to Alice. If you would like to see it, please click on the link to go to a private YouTube site. Enjoy! https://youtu.be/M5EL5Dax01o
Remaining events on our 2017-18 calendar:
- 9/23 Suicide Prevention Walk - Hart Plaza, Detroit
- 10/26 - 11/5 Giving Project - We’ll collect needed supplies for Humble Design families
- 11/7 Service Day - We’ll volunteer together at Humble Design (www.humbledesign.org)
- 1/28 Fused Glass Pendant Jewelry Class - Indulge yourself after the holidays
- 2/22 UDJ Spring Musical Opening Night - Children of Eden
- 4/25 Annual Alumni Moms Auction Gift Gathering Party
- May/June QLine Outing - We’ll wrap our year traveling to various Detroit venues via the QLine
The best way to stay connected to the U of D Jesuit family is to become a member of the Alumni Mothers’ Club and participate in our activities. Membership is only $20 annually. Our activities are varied and fun, we send monthly email newsletters August through May, annual mailings like this, and a Membership Directory. If you are not receiving our emails please contact our Membership Chair, Kari Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We sincerely hope ALL Alumni Mothers will print and return the Membership Form (see the link below) and join the AMC. As always, it is a privilege to be involved with so many wonderful women as part of this special community.
2017-2018 Alumni Mothers’ Club Board
- Martha Johnson (President, ’14)
- Anne Calice (School Liaison, '97, '03)
- Kari Weber (Membership Chairperson, ‘14)
- Sheila Malone (Secretary, ‘13)
- Annie Bergeman (Communications, ‘12)
- Carol Lesnau (Treasurer, ’11, ‘13)
- Darlene Kolpasky (Activities Chairperson, ’08, ’11 ,’14)
- Colette Rizik (Web Administrator, '07, '10, '13)
- Alice Barringer (Advisor, '01, '03)
Many thanks to Darlene Ottolini who has served as treasurer for the AMC for the past two years. Darlene has done a wonderful job keeping our financials in order and providing valuable leadership. Thank you, Darlene!
Please welcome Carol Lesnau, who is stepping up as the new treasurer. Thank you for agreeing to step up, Carol!