Alumni Mothers' Club
Welcome to the U of D Jesuit Alumni Mothers' Club page! We've finished another successful year and the Board met to start planning for the 2017-2018 year (hint: it's going to be FUN!)
Our Alumni Mothers’ Club (AMC) mission is to be a service and social organization. We sponsor activities to bring UDJ Alumni Mothers together to maintain our strong community as we continue building camaraderie, fellowship, friendships, and connections. Of course, we always strive to enhance the Alumni support for and connection to our school.
This past year we hosted eight fun and diverse activities – all were well attended and received high praise. We’re organizing another great year and here is our tentative 2017-18 calendar:
- 9/17 Reunion Mass/Brunch - Welcome the Mothers of the Class of 2017 to the AMC
- 9/23 Suicide Prevention Walk - Hart Plaza, Detroit
- 10/26 - 11/5 Giving Project - We’ll collect needed supplies for Humble Design families
- 11/7 Service Day - We’ll volunteer together at Humble Design (www.humbledesign.org)
- 1/28 Fused Glass Pendant Jewelry Class - Indulge yourself after the holidays
- 2/22 UDJ Spring Musical Opening Night - Children of Eden
- 4/25 Annual Alumni Moms Auction Gift Gathering Party
- May/June QLine Outing - We’ll wrap our year traveling to various Detroit venues via the QLine
The best way to stay connected to the U of D Jesuit family is to become a member of the Alumni Mothers’ Club and participate in our activities. Membership is only $20 annually. Our activities are varied and fun, we send monthly email newsletters August through May, annual mailings like this, and a Membership Directory. If you are not receiving our emails please contact our Membership Chair, Kari Weber at email@example.com.
We sincerely hope ALL Alumni Mothers will return the enclosed Membership Form/Brunch RSVP in the envelope provided and join the AMC. As always, it is a privilege to be involved with so many wonderful women as part of this special community. See you in September!
2017-2018 Alumni Mothers’ Club Board
- Martha Johnson (President, ’14)
- Anne Calice (School Liaison, '97, '03)
- Kari Weber (Membership Chairperson, ‘14)
- Sheila Malone (Secretary, ‘13)
- Annie Bergeman (Communications, ‘12)
- Carol Lesnau (Treasurer, ’11, ‘13)
- Darlene Kolpasky (Activities Chairperson, ’08, ’11 ,’14)
- Colette Rizik (Web Administrator, '07, '10, '13)
- Alice Barringer (Advisor, '01, '03)
Many thanks to Darlene Ottolini who has served as treasurer for the AMC for the past two years. Darlene has done a wonderful job keeping our financials in order and providing valuable leadership. Thank you, Darlene!
Please welcome Carol Lesnau, who is stepping up as the new treasurer. Thank you for agreeing to step up, Carol!