Contact Information: Dawn Schulte
313-862-2333, ext. 2333
My Role at U of D Jesuit:
- Determine student eligibility for accommodations and maintain U of D's Accommodations List
- Provide individual and small group instruction and academic support
- Recommend learning strategies to meet student's specific needs
- Provide consultation and in-class support to teachers
- Provide consultation to parents and administrators
- Provide academic support to students in Arrupe Learning Center
Accommodations are provided for any student who has documentation on file form a licensed psychologist or neurologist that indicates that he would benefit from an accommodation. The following documentation is required to determine eligibility for accommodations:
- A Psycho-Educational Evaluation performed by a licensed psychologist that includes measures of academic and intellectual functioning
- The evaluation must provide a current DSM IV-R diagnosis and stipulate in its "Recommendations Section" that the student would benefit from the accommodation.
- The evaluation needs to have been completed within the last three years
Extended time for tests:
- Should preferably be taken in one sitting after school. This ensures test equity.
- If taking the test in its entirety after school is not possible, the test may be taken in two parts - one part given during class and the second part during a free period during the day or after school.
- Extended Time tests must be completed within one school day, never over two or more days.
- A student must have been added to the Accommodations List at least two weeks prior to semester exams to receive extended time on those exams.