Contact Information: Dawn Schulte
My Role at U of D Jesuit:
- Determine student eligibility for accommodations and maintain U of D's Accommodations List
- Provide individual and small group instruction and academic support
- Recommend learning strategies to meet student's specific needs
- Provide consultation and in-class support to teachers
- Provide consultation to parents and administrators
- Provide academic support to students in Arrupe Learning Center
Accommodations are provided for any student who has documentation on file form a licensed psychologist or neurologist that indicates that he would benefit from an accommodation. The following documentation is required to determine eligibility for accommodations:
- A Psycho-Educational Evaluation performed by a licensed psychologist that includes measures of academic and intellectual functioning
- The evaluation must provide a current DSM IV-R diagnosis and stipulate in its "Recommendations Section" that the student would benefit from the accommodation.
- The evaluation needs to have been completed within the last three years
Extended time for tests:
- All tests will be taken in the Arrupe Learning Center. They will be administered in two parts - one part during the class period and the second part during a free period or after school.
- Extended Time tests must be completed within one school day, never over two or more days.
- A student must have been added to the Accommodations List at least two weeks prior to semester exams to receive extended time on those exams.
Accommodations for the ACT and College Board Exams:
- Please complete and return the following forms to request accommodations on the ACT and College Boards exams: